Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mentality of Struggle and Fight.

I remember after my kids where grown or at least had moved out, then in again, then out again. A curious person once asked me why I seemed so ready to help my children, even though they were “grown”. My response was, “Because I think struggling is over rated.” Not even in the wisdom where I stand now, I recognized then, just how depleting struggling could be. I know the stories about how struggling builds character and emotional, physical and even spiritual muscle, but I contend that struggle for struggle’s sake is grossly overrated. If I can help some one not to struggle in life, why not help? I have gained amazing wisdom during times of “struggle and fight”, but on the other side it left me spent, depleted and anxiously bracing for the next round of “struggle and fight.”


Instead, these days, when I find myself in “struggle and fight,” I stop and just be, I breath and let my light shine, re-framing, (re)visioning and even removing and stepping away from the “struggle and fight.” Think about it, light does not “struggle and fight” with darkness, the light just shines. When I find myself in “struggle and fight” I let my light shine. First as a little flicker of light, then as I grow in understanding and wisdom and stand in the knowing that God holds me in the palm of Her hand, my light illuminates the peace, grace and love, that is already mine. Then the darkness is gone. The "struggle and fight" stops!

Emanating from the light in me comes a new perspective as I step into grace and wisdom regarding this thing, this person or this place that shows up in my life not to teach me how to survive the "struggle and fight," but how to just be and let my light shine in the midst of it all and breath! Namaste.



1 comment:

  1. All I'm going to say is, You lovely, lovely woman....
    Namaste'
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete