Sunday, August 23, 2009

Birthday Musings.



August 21st was my Birthday! Congrats to me, congrats for hanging on, hanging in and persevering through the sh*t and the goodtimes. I am blessed and thankful for friends and family who believed in me even when I didn’t. Most importantly those three wonderful human beings God sent to me that have given me unspeakable joy. Okay I’ll stop getting sappy, but birthdays are a perfect occasion for sappiness.


But I would really like to tell you how I spent my day. I decided to do an experiment, to do exactly what I wanted and only what I wanted to do. It was awesome! I verbally asked myself the question: “What would you like to do Pamela?," and the awesome thing was that I stopped and listened to my heart and body speak. It took a lot of awareness, inward focus and surrendering the “should," but I did it and I want to recommend it for you to try.

And you don’t even have to wait until it's your birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment