Monday, February 2, 2009

Did you feel it?



Denzel Washington arrived early to the Inauguration. Not as early as we did in the dark, but like many of us, we stood with the "great cloud of witness," Whose hopes and dreams were realized at a little pass Noon on January 20th, 2009.


Although I don't like crowds...I was is this mass of people to see history in the making.




I am still walking a bit off the ground…It’s now been almost two weeks...and I really like it. Yes, I was with the 2 million people who had to witness history. I made the trek to D.C. with a picture of my parents in my pocket and all my many other ancestors in my heart and watched Barack Obama take the oath of office to becomes the 44 th President of the United States. I just had to be a witness of the first African American to hold that office. Standing in the sea of people…you actually could feel a cosmic energy shift….Did you feel it? The evidence of the shift was that not one arrest was made. (And let me remind you we were in D.C.) The energy was like nothing I every felt, it truly can not be put into words, and you truly had to be there. I believe that this cosmic metaphysical shift could be felt no matter where you were…I believe it is a frequency in the atmosphere…Did you feel it? Were you tuned in? Could it be the frequency of love and hope? Hope is a powerful intention…and love is the transformative energy that holds the universe together. Something about Barack Obama becoming President helped unveil the frequency of hope and love to those who were already listening. It just got louder!

After returning from DC, I gathered as usual with my yoga peeps and we could not stop talking about the Inauguration. didn't seem to matter if we were there physically or watched it on TV all of us talked about “the shift” and my yogi with her sage wisdom, posed the question….so what now? How does this “shift” affect how we show up in the world? What does it mean? I have really embraced this question…If you felt “the shift,” I invite you explore, so what now?….is it time to reacquaint yourself with the dreams that you pushed aside. Is it time to invite back into your life the hope for something more….Is it time to open your heart and trust the love of God that holds the universe together, will guide and lead you into balance, wholeness and love….can you feel it?


No comments:

Post a Comment